The shelter closed on the night of April 15, 2022 for the 2021-22 season. Fall 2022 operation pending Conditional Use Permit (CUP) and CBJ contract renewals.
Determination of Operating Nights and Hours
The RLC Warming Shelter’s contract with the the City and Borough of Juneau (CBJ) requires the shelter to be open when the predicted temperature (as determined on the prior day at noon) to be below 32° by this NOAA website. However, RLC may decide may decide to open additional nights. It is required to be open by 11 pm, but has determined to regularly open at 10:30 pm, and may open as early as 9 pm in cases of extreme weather. It has been required by the CBJ Planning Commission to close at 6:30 am. RLC is operating the RLC Warming Shelter under a fixed-fee arrangement with the CBJ with sufficient funding (based on estimated 80% operating nights) of which should it allow reasonable latitude extending nights and operating hours as necessary.
Notification of RLC Warming Shelter Operating Status
Electronic Notification Signs
- Resurrection Lutheran Church (740 W 10th Street Juneau, AK – window above RLC WS Entrance)
- Hot Shot Coffee (between Western Auto & The Liquor Barrel in Lemon Creek)
- CBJ City Hall (Back Alley Window) – (Coming Soon)
- St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store (Front Window)
Contact RLC Warm Shelter Staff During Operating Hours
As directed by the CBJ Planning Commission, the RLC Warming Shelter Staff can be reached during operating hours at 907-586-2380.
- Call Brad Perkins +1 (808) 782-5795.
- Email the RLC Warming Shelter Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to Brad Perkins at Resurrection Lutheran Church, 740 W 10th Street Juneau, AK 99801